In general our office and staff are friendly, easy going always and ready to help. Our staff is professionally trained to meet your expectations but in certain situations they are bound to follow office policies and procedure to maintain same standard of medical and customer care to all our patients without any discrimination. There is zero tolerance policy against any discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion or gender preference towards our patients, staff or providers.
Following are few commonly occurring scenario and related office policies that are required to be followed by all our patient/parents:
FEE FOR MEDICAL/VACCINATION RECORDS:
We provide free of charge vaccination record at the time of check out and it is also available for you at your finger tips via our phone App ‘Mychart’. You can request the staff to help you sign in to the App to have those records available to you all times. But if you still need an additional copy to be printed out to you then there will be extra fee of $10/ record will be charged.
If you have moved PCP, the new PCP office may request the records and it will be provided in due time of up to 10 business days free of charge. But if you request an additional copy for your records there will be a fee of $25 for electronic record and $1/page if a printed copy is requested.
FEE FOR FORMS:
Completion of certain forms requires additional work for the staff and considerable amount of time of the provider. Following are the fee for various types of forms:
* FMLA forms — $25/form
* Sports Clearance — $10/form ( you can avoid this fee by bringing the form at the time of visit) * Day care/Head start — $10
* WIC forms for baby formulas — Free of charge
* Medication forms — Free of charge ( please allow 2-3 business days)
* Others — fee may vary as per the nature and time required to complete the form, min $10
and max $25.
COMPLIANCE WITH FOLLOW UP REQUIREMENTS:
Our office strictly follows the rules and regulations provided by CMS ( Center of Medicaid Services), CDC, American Academy of Pediatrics etc to meet nationwide standard of care
* ASTHMA: all Stable Asthma patients who are duly diagnosed and on daily Maintenance medicines are required to have follow ups every 3-4 months for continuity of care. Non adherence to medications or continued No Show/cancel appointment may result in discharge from the practice. Your child’s prescription refill may be denied if your are not able to comply with the follow up requirements and continue to no show on scheduled visits more than 2 times.
* ADHD: As discussed with your provider at the initial visit, all ADHD patients are required to be followed up every month to 3 months depending on their stability. Any denial for follow ups or No Shows/Canceling appointment may result in discharge from the practice. Your child’s prescription refill may be denied if your are not able to comply with the follow up requirements and continue to no show on scheduled visits more than 2 times.
* WELL CHILD CHECK UP/YEARLY PHYSICALS: from New born to 19 year old a Routine check up schedule will be discuss with you. It is required to comply with the schedule as I may result in discharge from practice if not followed properly
* OTHERS: All other type of visits will be discussed and compliance is required for continuity of care and prescription refills as needed.
In general our office is appointment only. But due to the sensitive nature of our patient’s needs scheduling in a day may vary and hence the waiting times. Our office believes in providing the Best Medical Care to our young patients. As the need of our new born or sick children vastly vary waiting times may be extended or beyond our control.
Our office staff and the providers work hard to minimize your waiting times. We really appreciate your understanding for your patience during high flu or school physical seasons when limited scheduling becomes impossible.
At the end of the day receiving most caring and passionate medical care for your child that matters, and this is something we pride ourselves to provide the best.
DISMISSAL FROM THE PRACTICE:
Our office reserve the right to dismiss any patient at any time with or without reason with 30 day notice.
Misbehavior, Mistreatment, physical or verbal abuse towards staff or provider would cause immediate dismissal from care.
We pride ourselves in providing the best medical care your child deserves but non adherence to office policies will result in discharge from the practice as outlined above.